Holly Township Clerk’s Office
Karin S. Winchester, MMC
Next Election – Primary on August 4, 2020 – In order to vote in the Presidential Primary you are required to choose a Republican Ballot, a Democratic Ballot or a Non-Partisan Ballot that has a Detroit Institute of Arts Millage Proposal Only.
- Last day to register in any manner other than in-person with the Local Clerk for the March 10, 2020 election is Monday, July 20, 2020
- July 21 through 8:00 pm on August 4, 2020 – In-person voter registration with proof of residency with the Local Clerk.
- Friday, July 31 is the last day to request an Absentee Ballot by mail until 5:00 pm.
- Up to 4:00 pm on Monday, August 3, 2020 – Electors may obtain an absent voter ballot in-person and vote and submit ballot in the Clerk’s office. Photo ID required.
- On Election Day – Tuesday, August 4, 2020 – Election day new registrants may obtain and vote an absent voter ballot in person in the Local Clerk’s office or vote in-person in the proper precinct.
- Saturday Hours – Township Clerks Office will be open for absentee ballots and voter registration Saturday August 1, 2020 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Absentee Voting Options
All eligible registered voters in Michigan may now request an absent voter ballot without providing a reason. Absentee voting is a convenient way to cast a ballot instead of going to the voting precinct on Election Day. Absentee ballot applications are available online or at the Clerks Office.
NEW !! The Absent Voter Ballot envelopes have a new look redesigned to meet USPS standards. A voter who requests an absentee ballot will receive a blue and white envelope containing their ballot starting with the March Presidential Primary.
Permanent Absentee Voter List – Voters can also request to be on the Permanent Absentee Voter List for future elections. Voters who join the mailing list must do so in writing and will receive an application by mail prior to every election.
Forms and Applications can be returned by the following methods: mail, dropped off at the Township Offices, use the after-hours drop box in the Civic Drive Treasurers Office Door, fax 248-634-5482, or by email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
POLLING PLACE FOR ALL HOLLY PRECINCTS FOR ALL ELECTIONS – KARL RICHTER CAMPUS GYMNASIUM 300 EAST ST. FOR ALL PRECINCTS AND FOR ALL ELECTIONS
You may look up if you are registered voter, what precinct you are in, where your polling place is and preview your ballot by clicking here
In a General Law Township, the elected voting officers of Holly Township consist of the Supervisor, Clerk, Treasurer, and two Trustees. Karin S. Winchester was appointed to serve as Holly Township Clerk in May 1999 and was elected in 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016. Along with the duties of day-to-day operations, the Clerk is charged with the custody and maintenance of all Township records, including official documents such as official minutes, contracts, policies and procedures, resolutions, ordinances and serves as the Freedom of Information Officer for access to public records. She is responsible for all accounting functions including general ledger, accounts payable/receivable, budgets, payroll, etc. for the Township. The Clerk is responsible for elections, maintenance of voter registration records, purchasing, licenses, permits, employee benefits, pension administration, other human resource issues, computer systems and software maintenance, building maintenance, preparation of the packets of information necessary for the Township Board meetings and the publication all notices. The Community Development Block Grant Program is administered by the Clerk as well as the Township website and she is the Township Building and Zoning Administrator.